Flynn Interview


Ahead of the release of his new single 'One of Us' tomorrow we carried out an interview with the very talented Flynn. Check out his answers below. 



Tell us who you are?

Flynn 


What was the inspiration behind the formation of your band?

MTV. I lived for that shit growing up. 


Can you remember the first time you wrote a song and what was it about?

Yeah sure. I wrote my first proper song the day I moved to Bristol, just after I finished school. It was about the struggles of teenage life and trying to find myself in the world. 

What is the first CD/Vinyl you ever bought? 

The Marshall Mathers LP 2. 

Do you have any other hidden talents outside of music?

I always played a bit of ball growing up.
 I also won a few trophies in numerous Angling competitions strangely enough...

What was the first song you learned on an instrument, if you play one?

Paolo Nutini - Candy 

What is your favourite song to perform?

A song of mine called “Feelings”. 

What was your craziest experience on 
tour? 

Experiencing Keelan Mcloughlin under pressure.

If you could invite 5 musicians dead or alive to dinner, who would they be?

Amy Winehouse 
Bill Withers 
Eminem 
John Lennon 
Johnny Cash

Has your music evolved since you started making music?

Absolutely, I’ve think I’ve gone through all the genres at this stage!

Do you have a record label and are you a member of any music organisations?

Yeah, I have actually just recently signed a deal with Jive Records (Sony Music).

If you could change anything about the music industry what would it be?

I don’t know, it’s a very competitive industry and that can be tough at times, but if it was too easy to navigate it wouldn’t be exciting enough, for me anyway. I like a challenge.

Have you been to any concerts within the last year that have inspired you?

Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) blew my mind at Reading Festival this year. That man has super powers!

How do you handle mistakes during a performance?

I don’t, mistakes are always going to happen, without mistakes there is no growth. I see them as part of the learning curve.

Who is your favourite Irish artist at the moment?

Dermot Kennedy

If you could have your fans remember one thing about you, what would it be?

That I wasn’t afraid to be myself in this forever changing industry. Individuality is a beautiful thing.

How are you dealing with the current impact of COVID19 as a musician/band?

Surprisingly well actually! I have been kept busy preparing for new music coming up and I have been writing lots from home, so all is good!

What is your go to feel-good song to distract yourself from hard times?

Ah it’s got to be ”Happy” by Pharrell Williams! What a tune! 


Can we expect any new music from you soon?

Yeah, my new single “One Of Us” comes out on the 17th of April. 

Is there any advice or insights you would like to give to anyone reading this who would either like to pursue a career as a musician or within the music industry? 

Take your time, don’t rush the process. Wait until you are confident in your work before shouting about it. Be observant and study other artists/bands that are in a position that you want to be in, ask questions, absorb everything and then put it into practice. When you’re finally happy with you’re project and the time comes to release it into the world, be consistent and don’t stop until you are where you want to be. Also, just enjoy it, that’s the most important thing! 

One of Us will be available to stream on all major platforms from midnight tonight! We highly recommend checking it out and giving it a listen when it's released! 


MusicBox PR Team 


Comments

Popular Posts